Today is the first day of my internship, which also marks the end of my one week holiday after my exams are over.
The bad thing about working at my place now is:
1) very inaccessible
2) adding extra expenditure
To enter my workplace, I hafta take the shutter bus that is catered. The bus ride for each trip is $1 each. Imagine taking the bus to work and after work. If I want to eat outside of the office, I need to take the bus out and back again. This would mean $4 per day taking the office shutter bus. How i wish my legs can travel as fast as any motorised vehicle. HAHA!!! It can save me $4 each day, which means $100 per month. Its quite a huge amount u see as compared to the minute pay i get: $500 per month. On top of that, I needa take bus and mrt to reach the place. Luckily for mi, I can gt train concession worth $43 and my bus will take up about $30 i guess. To sum up, traveing to my workplce itself would cost mi $173 per month. If I'm going by this, it would leave mi with $227 per month for meals. So let's say i spend onli $5 per meal per day, it would cost me $250 per month. Ok, if thats the case, I may have about $100 to spend on other things or save it up. Otherwise, I'm left with no money to save. :'( In another words, I'm in fact working for free.
So much talk about money, I'm just sad about the $500 pay I am going recieve. It's the minimum amount anyone could get out there for intern. Plus my location is so ulu, I expected more. If I am able to gt $600 or $750, maye I'll not be so paroniod to calculate my expenditure to the very very tiny bit. Oh well! That's life.
More about my intern till date. Today, I have been doing filing the whole day. I have nth much to say about it. My office or the sub company in other words, i very small. In this office, there are onli 3 people including mi. Both guys, I'm the onli girl. In fact, I was very independent today, went to work myself, found the place, ate lunch myself. I decided to eat in the company's canteen to save $2 travelling. Maybe I'll do that in the days or months to come. This would also mean mi eating mixed vegetable rice for lunch everyday.